Introduction of Intervention/Mediation team to participants (parents, siblings, friends, professionals present).
- Communication strategies to make contact, begin meaningful dialogue, maintain communication, and access.
- How to communicate most effectively with your loved one.
- Review what has and has not been read.
- What is and is not clearly understood.
- Overview of cults and influence techniques:
- theories of a thought reform environment,
- themes of a manipulative system,
- theories on sleep deprivation,
- False Memory Syndrome (FMS),
- altered states' as part of group activity,
- How does the influence work in this group?
- What are the main forms of pressure?
- 'Culture' as applies to groups.
- Explore how leader are viewed by group members.
- History of the group, group ideas, lineage.
- Use of videos, books, and documents. Demonstration of method of using materials in an Intervention/Mediation.
- Intervention/Mediation basics,
- Intervention/Mediation strategies,
- Intervention/Mediation content,
- Detailed Intervention/Mediation planning,
- Determine participate roles,
- Post Intervention/Mediation issues if member chooses to leave group.
- Family is the main support base for a recovering ex-member.
- Understanding processes of leaving a high-control, abusive group with or without an Intervention/Mediation.
- Formulating a strategy,
- Roles of participants,
- Maintaining journal of contact with group member from telephone calls and correspondence,
- Information gathering needs and assignments,
- Next Steps.
Three, eight-hour days example:
- Session one: 9am - 12pm (with consultant)
- Lunch: (without consultant)
- Session two: 1pm - 5pm (with consultant)
- Home work: one to three hours
- Completed Background Information for Case Evaluation,
- signed and returned Agreements and Releases (1b)
- completed Initial Evaluation,
- completed Assessment (one-day),
- completed worksheets:
6. All participants have completed Suggested Readings.
- hotel (business standard),
- prepaid airplane or rail tickets,
- arrangement for travel to and from the airport.
Overview of "Our Process".
We look forward to hearing from you (215-467-4939).
©1997-2022 Joseph Kelly, Patrick Ryan